Interface & random improvements
Darkfall, for all its merits, had some weird quirks.
Whether it was in the user interface or some simple changes that would have improved the ease of use of the game, there was a some lack of polish here and there.
We hope to be able to fix that. Here is a list of some of our random thoughts, in no specific order.
Those changes are based off of memory, and as the InDev server gets played, we are sure that we will get plenty of feedback of what can be improved.
Not everything is big enough to deserve a full section or page, but many small changes would have improved the game. There are also a lot of things we haven’t fleshed out yet and are just a concept jolted down on a piece of numeric paper.
Here is a list of those:
- Visible gauntlets and moving bow string.
- Boost shields defenses dramatically to make 1h viable on the ground too.
- Craftable telescope (zoom + check names from great distance).
- Fix knockbacks to always work properly and in all direction.
- Potential falling damages changes:
- Cap increased to 120.
- When reaching 1hp, does ½ damages on stamina.
- When reaching 0 stam, you die
- NPC zap towers should engage and disengage targets at the same distance.
- Churches have a charged buff per race.
- Complete armor sets.
- Fix and improve the weather system.
- Reputation/accountability system:
- Vote up someone you consider trustworthy, vote down for opposite.
- Clan/allies members and former clan members vote do no count up.
- However they count double when are a vote down.
- Voting has a cooldown and you see who voted
- Blocking / parrying have a timing component reducing costs for the defender and increasing for the attacker. Maybe a rebuke?
- Disabling needs to hit a bocking target.
- Blocking with a staff with a preselected perk:
- Physical block, consumes mana instead of stamina.
- Spell shield, block magic spells, regain mana when well timed.
- Magic wall, creates a tangible wall 1 meter in front of the player while he channels. Damages increase channeling costs.
- Channeling spells, like earthquake or healing chant, follow the player.
- Introduce non magic utilities, like bandages, napalm grenades, crossbows, etc.
- Some chaos vaults, similar to chaos chests but guarded by mobs.
For these as well we are hoping to get more suggestions from the community as release comes closer and as we all get to play the game again.
From now on we will post pages and articles about systems that will come later down the line, either as technical upgrades or as expansion mater